Saturday, June 17, 2006

ST BATHANS IKSROBERTSON (06)

finished..decided to call it gold fever..
I paint everything from memory..I am self taught,have many styles and for the past 35 years have pioneered many methods of painting.
.My Grandfather and his brothers used a traction engine (old glory)as power to sort through the ore that was hydrauliced out at St Bathans this painting is of one of those frosty evenings that went on and on.- Fueled by goldfever and the thought that not so long ago they had washed nearly two pounds of gold per pan at the Cardrona..My father used to remember his Father saying,"those werent hills behind us they were the edges of the hole!" The red dust contained the gold..Struan Robertson my grandfather(born in Hogburn before it was Naseby)went on to the Klondike and Alaska,then settled in Alexandra ,Otago

About Me

My photo
surviving and hopefully growing old disgracefully